Things that are fresh.
Barack Obama: The Audacity of Hope

By F.E. on Monday, December 28, 2009

Filed Under: ,

Barack Obama The Audacity of Hope

Determination, desire, motivation, passion, and ambition. These are the words, among others, that ran through my mind in terms of describing our current president of the United States as I read his book, The Audacity of Hope. I decided to be a little unorthodox by posting this and giving my personal opinion as 2009 is coming to an end and we are entering a new decade. I had not had time until recently to finish the text and the plan was to finish before 2010 (mission accomplished). I'll be concise.

In his book, Obama vividly gives insight into his political & personal life. Some of the things he discusses include, but not limited to, the opposing & similar views of republicans & democrats, speaks boldly of our founding fathers & the U.S. Constitution, talks religion, addresses the melting pot, and the prevalence & importance of globalization.

As I was in the last pages of the book, one thing seemed to stand out. The day before being sworn into the U.S. Senate "a very earnest reporter raised his hand and asked, 'Senator Obama, what is your place in history?' Even some of the other reporters had to laugh." That was January 2005.

My 2 cents.

Stumble Upon Toolbar Twit This!

0 comments for this post

Post a Comment